Basic Cheese Straws Recipe
Cost per recipe $1.28 view details
- 8 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or possibly less to taste) paprika and salt [optional] Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine cheese and butter and pulse till combined. Add in flour, salt, and cayenne pepper. Process till a crumbly dough forms. You should be able to press a handful of dough and have it hold together.
- Fit a cookie press with a star tip. Fill barrel of press with dough. Pipe dough onto ungreased, shiny (not dark) cookie sheet in long strips, about 1/1/2 inches apart. Cut strips into 2 to 2 1/2 inch lengths and move apart slightly.
- Bake for20 min. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and paprika while hot, if you like. Cold on pan.
- Use a spatula to remove. Store in airtight container for up to a week.
- Baked cheese straws can be frzn. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Do not overbake them; they should not brown.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 304g|
|Calories from Fat 825||55%|
|Total Fat 93.98g||117%|
|Saturated Fat 58.62g||234%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 143.4g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|