barley salad with almonds and apricots Recipe
Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- , sliced 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced 1/2 teaspoon
- ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
- ground turmeric 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Rinse barley in a fine sieve. Bring water to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Stir in the barley, and return to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat. Simmer until water is absorbed, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour oil into a small skillet, and place over medium heat. Add onion, and saute until golden brown.
- In a serving dish, combine barley, onion, apricots, almonds, and parsley. Toss.
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, and nutmeg. Pour over the barley mixture ,and toss well to combine. Serve at room temperature.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 513g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||16%|
|Total Fat 6.64g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.79g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 70.74g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.4g||45%|