Barley And Vegetable Pie Recipe
Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 1 c. Barley
- 3 c. ,water
- 1 med Onion
- 2 med Carrots
- 2 med Parsnips
- 2 c. Cabbage, minced
- 1/2 c. ,water (from cooking the vegetables)
- 2 Tbsp. Tamari
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Caraway seeds Egg replacer for 1 egg
- 1 x Double crust 10-inch whole wheat pie shell, unbaked
- Wash the barley. Place it in a large kettle with the water, and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, or possibly till the water is absorbed.
- Whle the barley is cooking, prepare the vegetables: chop the onion and slice the carrots and parsnips, and steam them, along with the cabbage, till they are tender-crisp.
- Mix together the cooked barley and vegetables. Add in the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread the mix into an uncooked 10-inch pie shell.
- Cover with the top crust. Cut a whole into the top crust to let steam escape.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 min, or possibly till the crust is golden.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 238g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 6||4%|
|Total Fat 0.69g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.78g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|