Barbecued Pork Burritos With Chopped Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $2.90 view details
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1 1/4 tsp salt fresh grnd black pepper
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 6 ounce cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 x 9 inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce minced
- 3 x tomatoes diced
- 2 x green bell peppers diced
- 1 x cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and diced
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 1/2 Tbsp. of the vinegar, the thyme, 3/4 tsp. of the salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Add in the extra virgin olive oil slowly, whisking. Set aside for the minced salad.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the pork into 1/4-inch slices, and then cut the slices into 1/4-inch strips.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of the veg. oil over high heat. Add in half the pork, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. of the salt, and saute/fry till cooked through and just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 min. Remove. Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. veg. oil and cook the rest of the pork, seasoning it with the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Return all the pork to the pan. Stir in the barbecue sauce, cumin, the remaining 1 Tbsp. vinegar, and two thirds (about 1 c.) of the cheese. Spread some of the pork mix in a line just below the center of each tortilla. Roll up the burritos and put them seam-side down in a small baking dish. Bake for 10 min, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake till the cheese melts and the filling is warm, about 2 min longer.
- Meanwhile, put the lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumber into the bowl containing the dressing and toss. Put the salad on plates and top with the burritos. Family Time Recipe Newsletter-Aug 2001
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 373g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 329||56%|
|Total Fat 37.2g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 12.14g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.2g|
|Total Carbs 28.12g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|