- 4 lbs pork ribs (in slab)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- paprika - to taste
- garlic salt - to taste
- salt & pepper - to taste
- 1 18oz bottle barbeque sauce (mild/neutral flavor)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Barbecue Pork Ribs - Hawaiin style
- Place ribs in a large pot, cover with water and add vinegar. Boil for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Remove from the pot to cool.
- Mix BBQ sauce, marmalade, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce together in a medium size bowl.
- Sprinkle paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper liberally on both sides of the slab. And place in a ziplock back. Add the marinade from the bowl to the bag. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place ribs on grill over medium heat 7-8 minutes per side before serving. Make sure that they do not burn.
I've been cooking pork ribs for many years in many different styles. This is my favorite. It's not a lot of work and everyone who has tried them has raved about them. They are even better as left overs the next day. They are very flavorful, so you don't need to eat a lot to have a great dish. Try with white or brown rice, some sauteed asparagus, and some japanese pickled cucumber slices or kim chee.