Banana Cherry Custard Muffins Recipe
Cost per serving $0.14 view details
- ¾ cup frozen pitted cherries, thawed, halved and well drained
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line a plate with 2 layers of paper towels and place the cherries on top to dry briefly.
- Put the bananas in a large bowl and mash them thoroughly with a fork. Add the vanilla and mix and mash to combine. Add the eggs and whisk until well beaten.
- Divide the cherries evenly (6 halves) among the muffin cups, and then pour in the banana custard (each cup will be about three-quarters full). Use a fork to bring the cherries up a little from the bottom. Bake until the muffins are domed and set, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of each muffin and remove with a small offset spatula. Cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar if using and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 45g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||36%|
|Total Fat 1.74g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.54g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.53g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|