Good for special occasions, or anytime you want a sweet treat!!
Cost per serving $0.65 view details
- refrigerated pie dough, use both pieces, cut in thirds
- 1 stick melted butter, salted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts your choice, covered with towel and hammered with meat tenderizer until small chunky pieces.
- cinnamon, enough to cover nuts twice
- 8x8 pan, sprayed with aerosol vegetable oil.
- Cut both pieces of pie dough into thirds
- Alternate layers with pie dough, first with butter, and then nuts covered with cinnamon, ending with nuts.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until dough is brown and cooked!!
- Meanwhile heat water, honey and sugar until boiling. Lower heat and simmer ten minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
- When baklava is cooked remove from oven and add syrup. Let cool slightly before cutting, so that syrup will set.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 155||46%|
|Total Fat 17.75g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8.13g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.11g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|