Baking Powder Cheese Biscuits Recipe
A versatile biscuit to have for biscuits, rolled topping for vegetables or meat pies,and flavored biscuits with grated cheese, biscuit rolls with cinnamon, pecans, and brown sugar.
Adapted from The American Woman's Cook book, 1947.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com
All rights reserved.
- 2 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cold shortening
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Grease 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Sift together the first 3 ingredients into medium bowl.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cut the cold shortening into dry ingredients with a pastry blender.
- Pour in the milk, quickly mix to moisten flour, without over beating.
- Briefly knead on a lightly floured board.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with biscuit cutter. Do not roll too thin unless you want hard biscuits.
- Place biscuits in the greased cake pans.
- Bake 12 minutes.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 45g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 57||40%|
|Total Fat 6.48g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.27g||9%|
|Trans Fat 1.43g|
|Total Carbs 16.57g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|