Baked Roccan Lamb Rolls Recipe
Baked Roccan Lamb Rolls combines the wonderful Moroccan flavours into an egg roll. Baked not fried for a healthier appetizer.
Cost per serving $0.39 view details
- For the Rolls: (makes 12 rolls)
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 8 oz. of white mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. of Ras El Hanout seasoning (or your own blend)
- 3 oz. of shredded cabbage
- 3 oz. of shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil (for cooking and brushing on rolls)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For the Sauce: (makes 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fig jam
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. Fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- Sauce:Using an immersion blender, puree the fig jam until smooth.
- Combine the jam, water, and both vinegars into a small pot.
- Heat until boiling then reduce heat to med-low.
- Continue to cook until the mixture reduces down to 1/2 the volume.
- It should end up being thick enough to cover the back of a spoon.
- This should take about 20 minutes or so.
- Set aside to cool.
- ROCCAN Rolls: Get your veggies ready.
- For the cabbage you can either buy pre-shredded, or shred your own.
- For the carrots, peel and use a grater to shred.
- For the mushrooms wipe off any dirt.
- I used my blender to quickly chop them, but you can use a food processor or even a knife and do it by hand.
- In a skillet heat 2 tbsp. of grape seed oil.
- Add the lamb and cook over med-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and drain any excess fat/liquid from the skillet.
- Place back on a medium heat and add the mushrooms, and seasonings.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the carrots and cabbage.
- Mix well and set aside to cool.
- To assemble: Get a small bowl of water ready to dip your finger in.
- Take an egg roll wrapper and place 1/3 cup of the cooled meat/mushroom mixture into the centre of the wrap.
- Dip your finger into the water and run it along ALL edges of the wrap.
- Fold in 2 diagonal sides and press lightly to seal.
- Starting from either of the remaining 2 (pointed) ends, roll from one end to the other.
- Press lightly to create a seal.
- Place roll, seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Continue process till you have made all your rolls.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Lightly brush the rolls with grape seed oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn over (and if needed brush with oil).
- Continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn broiler on to high and quickly brown to give them a nice finish.
- Be sure to turn the rolls over to brown each side.
- To eat:Arrange rolls on a platter.
- Place the dipping sauce in a bowl.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 83g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||65%|
|Total Fat 8.98g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3.87g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.63g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|