Baked Rice With Sausage, Peppers And Mushrooms Recipe
Cost per serving $3.07 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounce Italian sausage, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 med Onion, finely minced
- 1 med Sweet red pepper, cut 1/2 inch squares
- 1 can Mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 sm Zucchini, halved and sliced
- 3 c. White rice
- 2 3/4 c. Chicken broth
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1. Heat the oil in a heavy 12 inch skillet over moderately high heat.
- 2. Add in the sausage, and saute/fry for 5 min or possibly till browned.
- 3. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- 4. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. of the fat from the skillet and throw away.
- 5. Preheat the oven to 350.
- 6. Add in the onion to the skillet and saute/fry stirring for 5 min.
- 7. Add in the red pepper, mushrooms and zucchini and saute/fry, stirring occasionally, 5 min longer.
- 8. Stir in the rice tossing to coat.
- 9. Add in the stock, bring to a boil and stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, pepper and sausage.
- 10. Transfer the mix to a lightly oiled, 2 qt casserole. AT this point the casserole can be coled to room temperature and stored in the refrigerator tightly covered for up to 24 hrs.
- 11. Bake covered for 25 min.
- 12. Uncover and bake 10 min longer or possibly till almost all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender and the top is slightly crusty.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 516g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 343||36%|
|Total Fat 38.3g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 13.02g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 119.22g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|