Baked Penne with Sausage & Ricotta Recipe
Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 16 oz box Penne, prepared according to package
- 1 lb Italian Sweet Sausage cooked, sliced into 1/2 moons.
- 1 - 28 oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or homemade)
- 1 - 24 oz can of Four cheese pasta sauce
- 1 - 32 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 - 8 oz Mozzarella cheese, grated (1/2 cup reserved)
- 1 - 8 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup reserved)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lg onion, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- salt, pepper, dry oregano and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven 350
- Cook pasta according to the package. Meanwhile cook the sausage in a lg pot.
- When sausage is close to done add the onions and green pepper, cook till tender then add minced garlic, cook 2 mins longer.
- Add the 2 sauces into the pot add your dry seasonings (salt,pepper, oregano, garlic powder to taste) simmer gently for 5 mins. Add fresh basil and turn off heat.
- In a lg baking dish add ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan mix well season with salt & pepper to taste
- Pour hot drained pasta into the cheese and stir till well mixed. Then add the sausage sauce (reserving 1-2 cups for the top). Stir sauce into pasta cheese mixture. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake covered for 20-30 mins till bubbling. Top with remaining cheese and bake for another 10 mins till cheese is melted.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 182g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 233||47%|
|Total Fat 26.01g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 11.94g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.74g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|