Baked Endive Wraps Recipe
Cost per recipe $0.32 view details
- Per Person:
- 1 Belgian Endive
- 1 medium thin slice boiled ham
- 1 medium thin slice sharp Swiss Cheese
- Medium thickness Bechamel sauce (1T butter, 2T flour per cup of milk)
- pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded sharp Swiss Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly blanch 1 whole Belgian Endive for each serving
- Remove from water and allow to cool
- Place a slice of cheese on a slice of ham. Make sure the cheese is centered and smaller than each slice of ham.
- Wrap 1 ham/cheese around each Belgian Endive with the cheese side closest to the Endive
- Place each wrapped Endive in a backing pan with the edge of ham/cheese wrapping down
- Cover with Bechamel Sauce to coat top of wrapped Endives with enough to come up the sides about half way.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Bake until tender (approx 20-30 minutes)
- Remove from oven
- Raise oven temp to 450 degrees or use broiler
- Sprinkle with shredded Swiss Cheese
- Return to oven/broiler until cheese is melted and lightly brown
- If you want you can add the shredded swiss to the bechamel and skip the broiling.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 29g|
|Calories from Fat 78||67%|
|Total Fat 8.91g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 6.0g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.51g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|