Baked Chicken With Mint And Red Onions Recipe
Cost per recipe $0.76 view details
- Fresh mint leaves (do not chop or possibly tear up)
- 1/4 c. Rice wine
- 1/4 c. White wine vinegar Chicken pcs w/skin (drumsticks, thighs, breasts)
- 1/2 x Red onion (or possibly several small red onions)
- 4 x Garlic cloves Salt and pepper Dry rosemary
- 1. Trim the excess fat from the chicken pcs, but leave at least some of the skin on. I personally like the taste of chicken skin, but I can understand wanting to remove it for health reasons. Compromise-leave just a little bit on! Place in a bowl with the rice wine and vinegar. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Lay a piece of foil over the bottom of a baking dish. Grease the surface of the foil, and lay a bed of mint leaves on top of it. Use only sufficient so which the chicken will neat little bed to lay upon!
- 3. Cut the red onion into coarse pcs. Sprinkle loosely on top of the mint leaves. Sprinkle some salt over the onion and mint.
- 4. Peel the garlic cloves, and cut each in half. Take the chicken out of the marinade and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Place the pcs on top of the mint and onions. Take the garlic pcs and place them between chicken pcs (or possibly even on top, if desired!)
- 5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for around 30 minutes. (depending on how much chicken you used), or possibly till fully cooked. Fully cooked means which when you poke a knife next to the bone, there will not be any bright red blood running out. Turn chicken pcs over once during baking. When done, turn the oven onto broil and broil the chicken, skin side up, for about 5 minutes., or possibly till skin is lightly brown.
- Serve with rice! The mint and onions soak up a lot of nice flavor, and the garlic turns out slightly roasted and soft. I like to pour a little soy sauce and sesame oil on top of my rice with this dish, but which's just me.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 197g|
|Calories from Fat 1||1%|
|Total Fat 0.11g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.41g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|