Baked Beef And Vegetable Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $4.00 view details
- 4 lb Short ribs of beef
- 1 x Onion skin on studded with 2 cloves
- 3 cl Garlic peeled and lightly crushed
- 4 whl black peppercorns
- 4 c. Beef broth
- 3 sm Leeks roots trimmed and 1 inch of green left on cut into 1/4 x 2 inch julienne strips well washed
- 3 x Carrots cut into 1/4 x 2 inch julienne strips
- 3 x Celery ribs cut into 1/4 x 2 inch julienne strips
- 8 x White mushroom caps cut into thin slices
- 2 c. Shaped pasta cooked till just tender Salt and fresh grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Minced dill
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place beef, onion, garlic,peppercorns and broth in an oven-proof casserole.
- Add in water tocover by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake in theoven about 2 hrs, till beef is very tender.
- Remove meat and cold. Shred from bones, discarding any fat and the bones.
- COver. Pour broth through a fine mesh strainer into a gravyseparator or possibly bowl. Allow to cold. Pour or possibly skim off fat and return defatted broth to the casserole. Add in leeks, carrots and celery to casserole. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer,covered, 3 min. Add in shredded beef to broth with mushrooms,pasta, salt and pepper. Bake, covered, for 5 min. Removefrom oven and stir in dill and parsley. Serve immediately indeep soup bowls.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 451g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 726||82%|
|Total Fat 80.52g||101%|
|Saturated Fat 35.0g||140%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.47g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|