- 2 cups of sugar
- 1Â¼ cup of butter (unsalted)
- 3 cups ground tea biscuits
- 3 cups ground walnuts
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon rum or rum extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil and add sugar. Stir as the mixture thickens. Then add butter, tea biscuits and walnuts. Stir well until a dough like mixture forms. Divide the dough into two parts. Stir in the chocolate into one of the parts (you can also add rum to this half).
- Put the chocolate part in a greased baking dish. It is easier to do this with wet hands, to prevent sticking. Then put the other half (the one without chocolate) on top. Press it evenly in order to get nice layers.
- Chocolate glaze:
- Heat the milk, butter and sugar together in another smaller pan, stirring continuously until the butter melts. Then add chocolate. When the mixtures become homogeneous, pour it over the dough.
- Let the cake cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before you cut it.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner