Bacon Trail Mix Cookies Recipe
Cost per serving $0.17 view details
- 2 pieces thick uncured bacon (or 3 pieces of regular uncured bacon)
- 1.25 cups nut meal/flour (your choice here...almond, hazelnut, walnut--or a mix of what you have in your pantry!)
- 3 tablespoons ghee or organic unsalted butter, melted 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries (no added sweeteners)
- 3.5 oz 70% dark chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- Cook bacon until crisp. Once cooled, crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients, including the crumbled bacon. Make sure this is well-blended because otherwise you will have pockets of honey.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place about a tablespoon of cookie mix in a ball on the baking sheet. Press down each ball. Leave about an inch between cookies as these will spread when they cook.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. After the transfer, cool for about another 1/2 hour so that they can stiffen.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 10g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 33||67%|
|Total Fat 3.74g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.29g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 3.64g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|