Bacon Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe
We were invited to an early Thanksgiving potluck. We offered to bring garlic bread. We thought we would test a new recipe we were working on. “Bacon Cheese Garlic Bread”, oh yeah we rocked this. This was quick, easy and ooey gooey great. Jam packed with crumbled bacon, two kinds of cheese and buttery garlic…
There were no leftovers, darn.
The fun thing about this one is that you can easily do it inside your oven, too.We do our recipes on our patio where we have a lineup of grills, including Louisiana, Green Mountain, Royall, Memphis, Traeger wood pellet grills, Char Griller side box smoker, Saber, Charmglow, Char-Broil, The Big Easy, Pacific Living Outdoor Oven, Lodge Sportsman’s, Brinkman and Weber. I call it our “Wall of Grill”. Our grilling styles are healthy and low fat and will fit pelletheads, gas, natural wood and even charcoal purists. Almost any of our recipes can be done on any kind of good BBQ.
The important thing to keep in mind is TIME & TEMPERATURE. You can even do some of them in the oven or crock pot, but, then you lose all the flavors you get from cooking outdoors. But sometimes it does rain.
Remember that a recipe is simply an outline; it is not written in stone. Don’t be afraid to make changes to suit your taste. Take it and run with it….
- 1 24oz. sourdough bread round
- ¾ lb. Apple wood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup shallots or green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Chef of the Future Honey Garlic Bourbon Seasoning
- ½ lb. sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- ½ lb. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- In medium saucepot, sauté garlic and onions in melted butter. Stir in drained bacon crumbles and the Chef of the Future Honey Garlic Bourbon Seasoning. You’re just blending together.
- Cut the cheese into slices you can easily work into the grooves that you will cut into the bread. Cut the bread with a sharp knife about ¾ of the way through. Cut from both directions giving it a diamond like cut. Fill the cuts with all the cheese you can get into it. I did 1 cheese all in the same direction then the other in the other direction. I stuffed it until I couldn’t get any more in.
- Place your bread on a piece of foil big enough that you can cover the bread when it goes on the grill. To keep it simple I placed it on a Lodge griddle skillet for easy handling on and off the grill. Then, fill the cuts in the bread with all the bacon garlic mix you can.
- Ready for the grill, do 20 minutes covered with the foil at 350 Degrees (177c). Then, uncover it and let it brown for another 10 or 15 minutes.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 171g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 224||42%|
|Total Fat 25.3g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 14.97g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.03g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|