Bacon And Blue Cheese Salad With Caesar Dressing Recipe
- 1 lrg romaine lettuce head torn into bite-size pcs
- 6 x bacon slices cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce Makes about 1 c.
- 1 c. Garlic Croutons
- 2 Tbsp. butter (1/4 stick)
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg garlic cloves pressed
- 4 x French bread slices cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- To make the salad:Place first 3 ingredients in large bowl. Add in sufficient dressing to season to
- taste and toss well. Garnish salad with croutons and serve.
- To make the easy caesar dressing:Combine all ingredients in blender or possibly processor. Blend till smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead.
- Cover and chill.)
- To make the garlic croutons
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter with extra virgin olive oil and garlic
- in small saucepan. Place bread cubes on baking sheet. Pour butter mix over and toss well. Bake till bread cubes are golden and crisp, about 20 min. Season with salt and pepper. Cold completely.
- (Croutons can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store at room temperature in airtight container.)
- Makes about 3 c..
- Makes 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner