Bacon And Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 1 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- 1/4 c. minced celery
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 ounce)
- 1 1/4 c. lowfat milk
- 2 med baking potatoes baked, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 10 slc Oscar Mayer center-cut bacon crisply cooked, crumbled and divided
- 3/4 c. Kraft Cheddar Classic Melts Cheddar & American Shredded Cheese divided
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onion divided Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. Breakstone's or possibly Knudsen lowfat sour cream
- Heat butter in heavy saucepan or possibly Dutch oven. Add in onion and celery; cook and stir till tender-crisp. Add in broth, lowfat milk and potatoes; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Slightly crush potatoes with back of spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min, stirring frequently.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the bacon, 2 Tbsp. of the cheese and 1 Tbsp. of the green onion for toppings; set aside.
- Stir in remaining bacon, cheese and green onion just before serving. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, green onion and lowfat sour cream.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 251g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||27%|
|Total Fat 4.16g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.47g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.87g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|