Baby Red Peppers Stuffed with Mozzarella & Marinated Olives Recipe
I visited London in 2011 & was there for around two months. I had a little time to see the city ,tightly packed weekdays & only few weekends.So I planned to explore the city as much as possible on weekends.All day outing, exploring cities attractions, eating out, roaming and much more..It reminds me of a fantastic meal ,I had in Jamie Oliver’s restaurant in Covent garden, Ohh !! such a lovely place, so lively and full of fun :)
Few days back, created this very simple yet classic dish which oozes out tangy & smoky flavors with every bite, inspired from Jamie’s Italian .
- 8 Baby red bell peppers
- 8 Mozzarella cubes
- 6,7 green or black olives
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 ts fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 ts of fresh thyme
- Lemon zest , from 1/2 medium size lemon
- Sea salt and ground pepper as per taste
- - Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet, add garlic, thyme, rosemary and half of the lemon zest
- - Saute it over medium-low heat for 3 minutes until the garlic and herbs become fragrant.
- - Once you get nice aroma, add olives and mix them so that all herbs are coated properly
- - Turn off the gas,keep it aside and let it cool
- - Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- - Cut the top of the peppers and de-seed them.
- - Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, remaining lemon zest, thyme & rosemary
- - Spread this olive oil mix inside the peppers and coat them well
- - Stuff the peppers with mozzarella balls, sprinkle some herbs if you want and bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes until you see the cheese melting & peppers look cooked.
- - Once done, serve them hot with marinated olives & sundried tomatoes(store bought).
- Enjoy :)