Aztec Couscous Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups water
- 1-3/4 cups black beans or 1 (15-ounce) can
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 Tablespoons roasted garlic olive oil
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place couscous, cumin, and salt in a large heatproof bowl or storage container and pour 1 cup boiling water on top. Cover tightly and let sit until all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. If the couscous is not quite tender, add an additional 1/4 cup of boiling water, cover, and let sit for a few minutes longer. Fluff up with a fork.
- Toss in the black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Mix in the olive oil and enough lime juice to give the salad a puckery edge. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner