Ayam (Chicken) Pongteh Recipe
a layered texture, starting with the soft mushiness of potatoes and tender chicken cooked in the traditional pongteh-style.
Servings: 4 person
Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- 400g chicken - cut into bite sizes
- 2 potatoes - cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp taucheo
- 4 red chilies - cut into 3-4 pieces
- 2 tbsp black/white vinegar
- 1 inch ginger - sliced
- 5 garlic - chopped
- 5 shallots - chopped
- 1 inch palm sugar
- 4 tbsp oil
- Spring onion for garnishing
- Salt to taste (go easy with it as taucheo is already salty)
- Sauté ginger, garlic and shallots in heated oil.
- Add taucheo and stir in.
- Put in potatoes, chicken and palm sugar and level up with enough water.
- Simmer and cook till both the potatoes and chicken are soft and tender.
- Pour in vinegar, salt (if needed) and chilies.
- (Add water if you prefer more gravy)
- Continue to cook for another two to three minutes.
- Off the heat and stir in spring onion.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 209g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 214||61%|
|Total Fat 24.01g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 3.98g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 19.27g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|