Asparagus Cheese Strata Recipe
Cost per serving $1.96 view details
- 1 1/2 lb fresh asparagus cut 2" pcs
- 3 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine melted
- 1 loaf of sliced bread crusts removed
- 3/4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 can Spam luncheon meat - (12 ounce) cubed (or possibly use 2 c. cubed, fully-cooked ham)
- 6 x Large eggs
- 3 c. lowfat milk
- 2 tsp dry chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- In a saucepan, cover asparagus with water; cover and cook till just tender but still hard. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly brush butter over one side of bread slices. Place half of the bread, buttered side up, in a greased 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. of cheese. Layer with asparagus and Spam (or possibly ham). Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a bowl, lightly beat Large eggs; add in lowfat milk, onion, salt and mustard; pour over bread. Cover and chill overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 50 min. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for 10 min or possibly till cheese is melted and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 194g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||69%|
|Total Fat 21.4g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 9.52g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.73g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|