Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
The combination of colors, textures and flavors in this main dish salad are refreshing.
Cost per serving $2.10 view details
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, cashews or walnuts
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil (can reduce amount and/or use a small amount of sesame oil as part)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or Splenda or other desired sweetener )
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Toast nuts in oil in skillet over medium heat 4-5 minutes stirring till lightly brown and crisp; set aside.
- Grill chicken breasts; cool slightly and slice into strips
- Combine bok choy, cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper, green onions, carrots, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a shaker jar with tight fitting lid, measure dressing ingredients: garlic, oil, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes. Shake well.
- Dress the salad greens in the bowl with about 2/3 of the dressing, coating well and tossing lightly. Top with chicken slices and drizzle remaining dressing over all. Sprinkle with nuts and serve. (Or serve salad separate from dressing and nuts, as in photo, to allow self-service in individual salad bowls or plates. This way leftovers store well overnight without wilting.)
- YIELD: 4 generous main dish salads.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 289g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 217||70%|
|Total Fat 24.65g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 2.95g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 13.52g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|