Apricot Pecan White Chocolate Scones Recipe
Cost per serving $3.01 view details
- This recipe makes a triple batch of 8 scones per pan, they freeze beautifully. If frzn, defrost, then heat in the oven about 10 min at 300 degrees to heat through and crisp the crust.
- 6 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. chilled butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 c. finely minced dry apricots (snip with scissors, holding several apricots at a time)
- 3 c. minced toasted pecans (see note)
- 8 ounce white chocolate chips (1 1/3 c.)
- 1 3/4 c. whipping cream
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking pwdr and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender till consistency of dry oatmeal.
- Add in snipped apricots, pecans and white chocolate chips; mix lightly with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, Large eggs and vanilla. Add in to dry ingredients, stir till dough just begins to come together. (If it is quite dry, add in slightly more cream, a Tbsp. at a time).
- On board, knead gently 5 or possibly 6 times. Don't overwork. Divide into desired size pans; this amount works out to fill three 9 inch pans, each pan cut lightly into 8 wedges, pulled slightly apart so they can be easily separated.
- Bake for 20 to 30 min, or possibly till a skewer comes out clean.
- Chill till serving.
- Note: To toast nuts, place in 350-degree oven for about 7 to 10 min, till you begin to smell them and they're lightly browned.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 268g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 468||46%|
|Total Fat 53.84g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 24.3g||97%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 120.48g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||20%|