Apple - Yogurt rustic cloud pancakes Recipe
Flapjack, Griddlecake, Hotcake, Pancake, or all of the above? I remember a time when I thought these were actually four different breakfast menu choices. Well, maybe a few variations...but basically the same principal with the cook's special touch. Here’s one of my signature recipes.
For a dedicated post...refer here:
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . >> DRY:
- . 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- . 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- . 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- . >> WET:
- . 2 xLarge eggs [separate and whip the egg whites (optional) *]
- . 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- . 1/8 cup plain Yogurt (2% fat +)
- . 1 large apple, shredded (Golden delicious type)
- . vegetable oil to lightly grease the skillet
- . In a small bowl, prepare the DRY mix and set aside.
- . In a medium bowl, hand whisk the eggs* and sugar vigorously. After about a minute, whisk in the yogurt for a few more seconds. Continue whisking as you add in the DRY mix until well combined.
- . Fold in the shredded apple. Important: only shred the apple right before getting ready to heat the frying pan.
- . Cooking pancakes: In a large skillet, lightly oil the surface and heat on MEDIUM strength...to then adjust your stove top a little lower afterwards.
- . When pan seems heated enough, use a small ladle to pour about a scant 1/4 cup for each pancake. The pan should fit about 3-4 pancakes at the time.
- 7. When bubbles appear on the surface and the edges lightly turn golden, gently flip each pancake and continue cooking for about 2 more minutes. Resist the urge to press down.
- . Serve these right away or keep them warm under a large, domed bowl kept slightly ajar. Top the pancakes with Maple syrup and enjoy.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com