Apple Turnovers With Custard Pie Recipe
Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 4 medium baking apples peeled, sliced
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs butter or margarine diced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium/high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup into yolks,Return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly. Cover surface of custard with waxed paper; chill.
- Place apples in a bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. Add butter. Combine sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch; mix with apples and set aside.
- Divide pastry into 8 portions; roll each into a 5 inch square. Spoon filling off-center on each.
- Brush edges with milk. Fold over to form a triangle; seal. Crimp with tines of fork. Make steam vents in top.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Chill 15 minutes. Brush with milk. Bake at 400 for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with custard.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 153g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 44||36%|
|Total Fat 5.01g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.99g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.37g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|