Apple Tart - The Donna Hay way Recipe
I am an ardent follower of Nigella Lawson's recipes, but recently I enjoy trying out recipes from Ausie chef Donna Hay. She teaches the "cheats" way of producing mouth watering delicacies and one being apple tart that is so easy to make that you will have your guests wanting more.
- 1 or 2 red apples - thinly sliced (I used a mandolin)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 80g butter - melted
- Store bought square puff pastry (I used 8 pieces)
- 1 egg - lightly beaten (optional)
- Double thick cream or ice cream to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the apples, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a bowl to combine. (*I saved a little melted butter to glaze the pastries before and after cooked).
- Layer the apple mixture on the puff pastry and brush with egg.
- Place a baking paper on a tray and bake the pastries for 10-15 minutes of until puffed and golden.
- Once done I brushed with some melted butter and serve warm with or without the ice-cream.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 48g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||77%|
|Total Fat 8.98g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.49g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.39g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|