Apple and Raisin Chutney Recipe
Cost per serving $0.02 view details
- 3-4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp oil
- To make Apple And Raisin Chutney recipe, begin by heating oil over medium heat in a pan. First, saute the chopped onion for a minute or two, until aromatic.
- Next, add the chopped apples along with cinnamon, salt, vinegar and lemon juice to the pan. Stir to combine and continue to cook on a medium-low heat till apples are soft and mushy.
- Once apples turn mushy add the raisins and sugar. Stir to combine and gently mash the chutney with a potato masher while it is on heat.
- Turn the heat to low and allow it to simmer until all the excess liquid is evaporated and the chutney begins to turn thick. Once the apple raisin chutney has begun to turn thick, turn off the heat.
- Let the chutney cool down to room temperature.
- Then spoon the Apple And Raisin Chutney into clean, dry, glass jars and seal with the lid.
- Store the Apple and Raisin Chutney in the fridge.
- Make sure to use clean and dry spoon to serve the chutney to ensure that it lasts longer.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 5g|
|Recipe makes 200 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.31g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|