Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Herbs and Parmesan Recipe
Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water). While the water is heating in step 1, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic, chili pepper flakes, finely chopped herbs, and chopped parsley to the oil.
- Cook for one minute or until the parsley has wilted and the garlic is emitting a strong fragrance. Remove from heat. The angel hair past will cook in about 2 minutes once it starts, so get everything ready. Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta.
- Cook at a rolling boil until al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse briefly with cold water, just enough to stop the cooking, but not so much as to make the pasta cold. The pasta should still be quite warm.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Pour her-bed garlic sauce over the pasta and gently toss to combine.Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper over the pasta and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately as a side dish. Reheats well if you make ahead.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 95g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 209||48%|
|Total Fat 23.74g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 7.84g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.98g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|