An All in One Meal in No Time Recipe
It is truly amazing and quite amusing when you think about how food and cuisine have evolved through time and different cultures. Take, for example, a simple bread recipe - how it used to be unleavened or without the use of yeast, to soft and flaky french croissants; or simple fowl or beef, which used to be just speared and hunted then roasted over an open fire to the now more sophisticated, saucy, spicy viands cooked in the most tedious and complicated manners! Well, here is a delicious Sausage Bread Recipe that is a delicious and convenient cross between the two divides. It is simple enough to make and has the savoir faire to meet the palates of the accomplished diner. It is an appropriate snack for children (dietary-wise) as it has high fiber, high protein content and is so yummy that kids will easily grow a preference for this snack. For regular housewives who are on a tight budget, the makings of this fare are readily available and, more importantly, inexpensive at your local market or butcher shop. For the busy, career professionals, this is an exceptional must-have in the pantry for a quick snack-on-the-go because it can be prepared in less than an hour yet consumed within the day. Enjoy!
- 1 pound of ground turkey, chicken or beef sausage, or a combination of chicken and turkey will do also
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 grams of frozen or chilled pizza dough
- 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and cheddar combined
- - Finely chop the sausages.
- - SautÃ© the garlic and onions in olive oil. Add in the chopped sausages and cook until fragrantly done. Drain and press with paper towels.
- - Thaw and unroll the frozen dough and shape into a rectangular shape.
- - Spread on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
- - Spread evenly with the sausage and the cheese combo.
- - Fashion the dough into a jellyâroll and secure the filling inside by pinching the ends.
- - Make sure the seam of the roll is facing down and place on a cookie sheet.
- - Crissâcross cut the top of the dough with a sharp knife.
- - With the oven heated up to 350Â°F, bake the dough for approximately 30 minutes or until you see a golden brown crust.
- - Let stand to cool for about 10 minutes after removing from the oven.
- - Slice diagonally and serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 163||54%|
|Total Fat 18.19g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 4.28g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.12g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|