American Style Potato Salad With Eggs And Sweet Pickles Recipe
Cost per serving $0.89 view details
- 2 lb Red bliss potatoes or possibly new potatoes, rinsed (about 6 medium or possibly 18 new for 2 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Grnd black pepper
- 3 x Large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 x Scallions, up to 3, sliced thin (about 1/2 c.)
- 1 sm Stalk celery, cut into small dice (about 1/2 c.)
- 1/4 c. Sweet pickles, (not relish), cut into small dice
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes in a 4- to 6-qt pot-, cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer, stirring once or possibly twice to ensure even cooking, till a thin-bladed paring knife or possibly a metal cake tester inserted into the potato can be removed with no resistance (25 to 30 min for medium potatoes and 15 to 20 min for newpotatoes). Drain, cold potatoes slightly and peel if desired. Cut potatoes (use a serrated knife if they have skins) into 3/4-inch cubes while still hot, rinsing knife occasionally in hot water to remove gumminess.
- 2. Layer hot potato cubes in medium bowl, sprinkle with vinegar, salt, and pepper as you go. Chill while preparing remaining ingredients.
- 3. Fold in remaining ingredients-, chill till ready to serve.
- Serves 6 to 8.
- Nationality: USA Courses: salad, starch side dish, vegetable Season:any
- Method: boiled
- Start to Finish 1 hour Preparation 20 min Attention. 45 min Finishing a minute or possibly less
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 225g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 163||57%|
|Total Fat 18.4g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 2.98g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.86g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|