American Chowder Recipe
Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 1 lrg onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- 4 c. cubed potatoes
- 2 c. cool water
- 1 c. sliced celery
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 c. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 pkt Oscar Mayer Smokie Links or possibly Wieners (12 ounce), sliced
- 1/2 lb Kraft Deli Deluxe Pasteurized American cubed Cheese
- Cook and stir onion in butter in 3-qt saucepan on medium-high heat till tender.
- Add in potatoes, water, celery and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 15 min or possibly till vegetables are tender.
- Gradually add in small amount of lowfat milk to flour, stirring till well blended. Gradually add in flour mix to warm vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining lowfat milk and sausage; cook, stirring constantly, till mix boils and thickens. Add in process cheese; stir till melted.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 245g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 123||53%|
|Total Fat 13.98g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 8.38g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.85g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|