Alu gobi matar ki sabzi….Roasted cauilflower potatoes and peas Recipe
A common vegetable side dish popular in Indian cuisine consisting of roasted cauliflower, potatotes and peas.
Cost per recipe $4.13 view details
- 1 medium cauliflower divided into florets
- 2 medium potatoes quartered and boiled
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 inch piece ginger minced and a few silvered for garnish
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Â½ tsp turmeric
- Â½ tsp hot cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil and 1 tsp to coat the florets
- juice of Â½ lemon or lime
- Â½ cup defrosted organic peas
- cilantro for garnish
- 1.Take about a teaspoon of oil in the palm of your hand and coat the florets evenly. Roast in a 350 degree oven for 20 mins till you get some caramelized specks. Set aside.
- 2.Heat the remaining oil in a saute pan on medium heat. Add the onions and stir fry for 10-12 minutes till they start to caramelize .
- 3.Add ginger, tomatoes and saute till tomatoes breakdown into a pulp, about 5 minutes then add the spices: cumin, pepper, salt, garam masala and turmeric.
- 4.Stir fry for about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, cauliflower, lemon juice and peas. Gently toss them so they are coated with the spice mixture, lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- 5.Serve garnished with ginger slivers and chopped cilantro.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 841g|
|Calories from Fat 262||40%|
|Total Fat 29.2g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 3.19g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 90.62g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.4g||61%|