Almond Cookies Recipe
Almond Cookies ... crispy and chewy. A perfect addition to your afternoon tea :)
Servings: 32 cokies
Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large whole egg, plus 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To toast the almonds, spread them on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in a 180 C oven. Remove when they're golden brown and fragrant, about 7-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup almonds (about 28) for garnish. Place remaining 3/4 cup in a food processor; pulse until finely ground.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add whole egg and almond extract ; beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating just until incorporated.
- Mix in ground almonds.
- Using 1 teaspoonful per cookie, roll dough into balls.
- Place onto prepared sheets, at least 1 inch apart.
- Garnish each cookie with a reserved almond.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water; brush over cookies (discard excess white).
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets from and back to front halfway through.
- Let cool slightly; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 19g|
|Recipe makes 32 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||51%|
|Total Fat 5.37g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.05g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.35g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|