Almejas A La Marinera (Clams With Onion, Wine And Paprika Recipe
Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 50 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Onion, very finely minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 150 ml Passata, (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 x Bay leaf, cut into very fine strips
- 1/4 tsp Dry chilli flakes
- 50 ml Dry white wine, such as Albarino
- 1 3/4 kg Cleaned carpet shell clams
- 1/2 Tbsp. Butter, softened
- 1/2 Tbsp. Plain flour
- 1 Tbsp. Minced flat-leaf parsley Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large, deep pan, add in the onion and paprika and cook gently till soft but not browned. Add in the passata, bay leaf, chilli flakes and white wine and simmer for a minute or possibly two.
- 2 Add in the clams, cover and cook on a high heat, shaking the pan every now and then for 3-4 min, till the clams have opened.
- 3 Beat the butter and flour together to a smooth paste, stir in and simmer for about a minute till the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the parsley, adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve with plenty of crusty bread.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 53g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 115||81%|
|Total Fat 13.06g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.54g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.48g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|