Adai- Savoury Lentil Crepes Recipe
Crepes are an integral part of a south indian palate. They come in the form of dosas in many varieties and
colours and combinations. Adai is a lentil crepe which i often make at home and is an all time favourite. Full of proteins and carbohydrates, it makes an excellent breakfast menu and tastes divine with Aviyal or even a bowl of creamy thick yoghurt. It s such a no sweat recipe too.
- Par boiled rice 3/4 cup
- Raw rice 3/4 cup
- Bengal gram or channa dal 1/3 cup
- Urad dal or black gram 1/3 cup
- Toor dal or pigeon pea 1/3 cup
- Ginger 1''
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Hing 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies 8 to 10 according to spice level desired
- Salt to taste
- For Serving:
- Cilantro chopped finely 3 tbsp
- Shallots chopped finely 4 to 5 tbsp ( optional)
- Drumstick leaves 1/2 cup( optional)
- For Cooking:
- Coconut oil 1 tsp for every adai
- Soak the dals and the rice together after washing thoroughly for about 4 hours.
- Drain excess water and grind the rice and dals with chillies, cumin seeds, ginger, hing and salt to a consistency slightly thicker than dosa batter.
- Now, add cilantro, drumstick leaves and shallots and combine well.
- Heat a tawa and spread a ladle of the batter on it like dosa.
- Drizzle coconut oil on the sides.
- Cook on a medium flame for about 3 mins and then flip over.
- Cook for another min and serve hot with any chutney or Aviyal
- Dont skip using the coconut oil because the oil imparts a wonderful flavour to the dish.
- I did not have drumstick leaves and shallots but do add them if you have them. The leaves enhance the taste and the crepes taste heavenly with them.
- You can also add bits of coconut to the batter.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 14g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 6||12%|
|Total Fat 0.67g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.28g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|