$50 Hamburger Recipe
- 2 handf wild mushrooms (Morel, Chanterelle, Shitake, etc), sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, stemmed
- 1 1/2 ounce cognac
- 1 x salt and pepper
- 3 ounce foie gras, divided into 4 equal pcs
- 2 lb top quality hamburger
- 1 x truffle (the mushroom version, not chocolate!), or possibly 1 oz truffle oil
- 4 x freshly baked hamburger buns
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise, ideally homemade
- 1 handf baby herb salad, or possibly chervil, or possibly arugula
- In a saute/fry pan over medium heat, heat butter. Add in mushrooms and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 10 min.
- Add in cognac, let hot for 5 seconds and touch with a match to flambe. After flames die off, remove from heat and reserve.
- In a separate saute/fry pan over high heat, add in 1 piece of foie gras at a time. Sear on one side for 5 seconds, turn, then remove a few seconds later. Reserve.
- Season hamburger with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 eight-oz mounds with a large indentation in the center of each mound. Place one piece of seared foie gras in the center of each mound and form a patty around the foie gras so which it is trapped in the middle.
- Grill or possibly pan cook patties to your desired degree of doneness.
- Hot buns, then smear bottom half with mayonnaise, top with greens, add in burger, top with wild mushrooms, shave a few truffle slices overtop (or possibly drizzle with truffle oil), and serve. Go directly to hamburger heaven.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner