1-2-3 light choice CHEESE sauce Recipe
1-2-3 or more Cheeses built in this practically guiltless sauce. Low-fat milk goes unnoticed.
Very versatile for use on a multitude of meals. Once you get acquainted with this incredibly tasty sauce, you'll adopt this recipe as one of your own ;o)
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . 1/8 cup (30ml) unsalted butter
- . 1/4 cup (40g) All-Purpose flour
- . 1-1/2 cups (375ml) milk (1%+ fat)
- . 1/8 cup (30ml) fortified Sherry or White wine
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Dijon mustard
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) ground nutmeg
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) sea salt
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) granulated garlic powder
- . 2 cups (260g) Cheese blend* grated and packed
- . * Cheese Mix possibility: Gruyere, strong Cheddar and Parmesan OR Friulano, Juraflore and Parmesan
- . In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on MEDIUM heat and quickly whisk in the flour to create a 'roux'. After a few seconds, the flour will appear cooked.
- . Add a very small amount of milk. Whisk until a smooth consistency is reached.
- . Then, gradually add the rest of the milk to fully combine. Also, add in the chosen wine and continue to whisk until thickening begins.
- . After a few minutes, when the sauce starts thickening, test it on the back of a spoon. Pass your finger in the center to see a dividing line that remains set. It's ready. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- . Add the Dijon mustard, seasonings and the blend of cheeses. Stir to combine.
- . Remember that before getting ready to use this warm sauce, don't forget to whisk it randomly in order to avoid a undesirable thick forming surface.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner