Heidi Kelly Profile
United States Chef
Heidi Kelly Profile
Where there is a will, There Is A Way
I am a SAHM living with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis and I have a 6 year old son with celiac disease which requires a strict adherence to a gluten-free diet for life. After years of frustration and depression over the quality of gluten-free foods, I decided to "get over it" and conquer the pitfalls of gluten free cooking. After doing a lot of research and learning from my mistakes, I think I have a pretty good understanding of how to get great results (most of the time) in my kitchen capers.
I began writing a blog 9 months ago to share what I have learned so others can benefit from what has taken me so long to learn. Having great food again has helped me in terms of accepting my unexpected gluten-free life.
Outside of my gluten-free cooking experiments, I am a self-professed "Farmville Freak," which has inspired me (along with Food, Inc.) to start my own garden, as well as try out other "make your own" hobbies like soap making (the easy melt and pour method), and home preserving. I am also new to cake decorating and chocolate candy making.
Living in New Mexico, we love to explore the great outdoors by going hiking and camping as well as any other activities that gets us out of the house to explore our "Land of Enchantment." We love to learn and try new things... keeps life fun and exciting.
I have been married to my best friend and love of my life for 8 years and we have two children, ages 6 and 2.
Julia Child, Alton Brown, Rachel Ray
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking (Julia Child)
- Julia Child is my hero, not only because of her cooking abilities, but for her humor and humility.
- Fresh Food Fast (Cooking Light)
- Great inspiration for quick and healthy dinner ideas.
- Make-A-Mix (Karine Eliason, Nevada Harward)
- Great for making your own GF convenience mixes
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Dessert Cookbook (Connie Sarros)
- Gluten-Free Baking (Rebecca Reilly)
- Gluten-Free Quick and Easy (Carol Fenster, Ph.D.)
- Gluten Free Every Day Cookbook (Robert Landolphini)
- The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook (Leslie Hammond, Lynne Rominger)
- Easy Gluten-Free Baking (Elizabeth Barbone)
- You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free (Roben Ryberg)
- GREAT Gluten-Free Goldfish recipes!!