Elaine Chef Profile
Elaine Chef Profile
Chef Elaine [always at home on the range!]
Greetings, all. I've been cooking for over 45 years, and love every minute of it. "Self-proclaimed chef":.. the main page sez- the nerve! :O) I love to grow and use herbs in my dishes, as well as cook pretty well anything, and I also love to bake. To me, cooking is not only an art, but a love and passion that expresses itself in presentation of delicious foods. Healthy and attractive cuisine makes culinary art all worthwhile! Culinary art is like medicine; it helps heal an aching heart, it soothes the soul, it relieves stress! I even find it makes me feel better when I'm feeling sick, and in the stages of recovery. When I get cooking, I feel much better. And, like medicine, you can never learn it all! Chefs are always experimenting, trying out new recipes, compiling new recipes, testing, and TASTING! That's what I love about cooking... the experimentation, the discovery of a new recipe, even if by 'accident', and each experiment leads to more experiments, some leading to success, and some leading to total failure. But, failure is not disaster in that it leads to success by continually trying, tweaking a recipe, adding this and that, removing other ingredients, and judging from the comments of those to whom you serve your dishes. The latest course I took is now finished, and I was able to graduate with an average of 94 %, allowing my name to be placed on the Dean's list!
<div style="padding: 5px; width: 120px"><a href="http://cookeatshare.com/" style="border: none"><img alt="Featured Chef" src="http://assets.cookeatshare.com/assets/fa_badge/top_no_text-87d3af7f55d4ad63efe432a57fd36315.png" style="border:none; width:120px; height:42px; vertical-align: bottom; padding: 0; margin: 0" title="Featured Chef" /></a><div style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; color: #fff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 12px; width: 110px; text-align: center; background-color: #a0be29 !important; padding: 5px;">Featured Chef</div><img alt="Featured Chef" src="http://assets.cookeatshare.com/assets/fa_badge/bottom-bbf0811739d69fe4f335280699b6841b.png" style="border: none; width: 120px; height: 4px; padding:0; margin:0; vertical-align: top;" title="Featured Chef" /></div>
I loved cooking all my life, and always looked at recipes... in those days, we had no food Television Network, but hey-- we DO now, and I watch it a lot. There are certain Chefs I really like, but some I do not, so I won't go there! The ones I like, I have learned much from. I love experimenting with food, and those who do that also influenced me greatly.
I also understand the loneliness of senior citizens who are placed in retirement homes... all they really have to look forward to is a good meal. I would love to be a Chef in a retirement home, cooking tasty, healthy, attractive meals.
Awards, Honors and Societies
Recently awarded the Chef of the Month here, but I still cannot get the badge to go up!
Again in May 2012, I was awarded Chef of the month, but still cannot get any badge to go up. :o/
- The Joy of Cooking (Rombauer/Becker)
- great ideas, good recipes & hints
- Healthy Appetite (Chef Gordon Ramsay)
- matter-of-fact, straightforward, good recipes and great learning tool
Chefs I recommend
- Chef Michael Smith (, Canada)
- cooks and explains easily, doesn't need to measure! Friendly, personable, outgoing
- Chef Michael Bonacini (, Canada)
- great cooking ideas, soft-spoken, good instructing techniques, friendly
- Chef Gordon Ramsay (, United Kingdom)
- Sure, he's a bit rough around the edges, BUT he is generous to a fault, an excellent instructor, and more kind-hearted than he lets on! Also, he does have a good sense of humor, and has written some great recipe books.
Restaurants I Recommend
- Nan King (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Great Chinese food!
- Kings Buffet (Orillia Ontario, Canada)
- a great buffet offered daily, at reaonable prices. Staff very friendly. Unfortunately, this restaurant has closed since the owner retired, and no one has reopened it.
- Mandarin (Barrie Ontario, Canada)
- great buffet served daily, huge variety of foods available...friendly staff, highly pleasant atmosphere, and reasonably priced. The only drawback is when they close at three PM to prepare for the dinner guests! However, they reopen at five...excellent food. :)