Corey Irwin Profile
United States Chef
Corey Irwin Profile
"G.F.W.A. (Gourmet-Foodie-With-Attitude)" :)
Hello and welcome to my recipe page! I'm a healthy gourmet chef, published author, sports nutritionist, running and wellness coach, athlete, and entrepreneur who cooks, bakes, and creates original healthy gourmet recipes. I'm currently in the midst of writing a series of healthy gourmet cookbooks of all-original recipes geared towards endurance athletes and other healthy-minded people. If you'd like to connect, you can find me on the web at:
http://amazon.com/author/coreyirwin (Amazon Author Profile)
http://goodreads.com/coreyirwin (Goodreads Author Profile)
Wishing You Health & Happiness,
Nutritional Lifestyle & Fitness Author, 7 Weeks to Fitness
International and healthy gourmet cuisine.
- Indian Home Cooking (Suvir Saran and Stephanie Lyne)
- One of the most interesting & accessible Indian cookbooks I've seen in a while.
- The Dean and DeLuca Cookbook (Rosengarten, Dean, DeLuca)
- The gold standard for ethnic-infused American fare.
- Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant (The Moosewood Collective)
- Great ethnic & regional recipes.
- From the Recipe Files of the C.I.A. (C.I.A.)
- Excellent for holidays & celebrations.
- Mangoes & Curry Leaves: Culinary Travels Through the Great Subcontinent (Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid)
- The food of Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, & Sri Lanka.
- The Best of Mexico: A Cookbook (Evie Righter)
- This tiny cookbook packs a big punch.
- The Middle Eastern Kitchen: 75 Essential Ingredients with Over 150 Authentic Recipes (Ghillie Başan)
- A good basic recipe reference by ingredient.
- Brasil: A Cook's Tour (Christopher Idone)
- The recipes are as awe-inspiring as the photos.
- The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen)
- This cookbook brings back many fond memories.
- The Frog Commissary Cookbook (Poses, Clark, & Roller)
- I grew up with this cookbook.
- The Instant Cook (Donna Hay)
- Good for those days when time is of the essence but you still want a delicious, wholesome meal.
- Intimate Gatherings: Great Food For Good Friends (Ellen Rose & Jessica Strand)
- This cookbook has been my go-to recipe source for countless dinner parties.
- Extra Virgin: Cooking with Olive Oil (Clare Ferguson)
- A wonderful cookbook full of inspiring pictures and fabulous recipes.
- Flavors (Donna Hay)
- A simple, straightforward cookbook with tantalizing images, organized by, you guessed it, flavors.
- The Visual Food Encyclopedia: The Definitive Practical Guide to Food & Cooking (François Fortin, Editor)
- A useful visual food guide, organized by ingredient & sprinkled with recipes throughout its pages.
- The Essential Kitchen: Basic Tools, Recipes, & Tips For a Complete Kitchen (Christine McFadden)
- A great visual checklist for essential kitchen tools, with details explaining uses & techniques.
Chefs I recommend
- Abby Irwin
Restaurants I Recommend
- 2 Amys (Washington, DC)
- Excellent authentic gourmet Neapolitan thin crust pizza, great salads, fun winebar.
- El Pollo Rico (Arlington, VA)
- Unpretentious Peruvian rotisserie chicken joint that tops my list for some of the best & most flavorful chicken in town.
- Moby Dick (Rockville, MD)
- Simple food done well. Casual dining atmosphere. Persian cuisine.
- India Grill (Rockville, MD)
- Consistently flavorful Indian cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere. The dinner buffet offers a good variety.
- Bombay (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)
- One of the most memorable & delicious dining experiences I've ever had. (Indian cuisine.)
- Pho 75 (Rockville, MD)
- Best pho in town. I recommend the #12 with an iced coffee. (Vietnamese cuisine.)