Bob Towlson Profile
United States Chef
Bob Towlson Profile
I never met a food I didn't like!
I am a Project Manager for People Inc, a non-profit company for special needs individuals.
I am married to a fantastic lady and we enjoy cooking together, we also enjoy the theater, dining out, classical music and blues, good wine and craft beer. We clown for Zuleika Grotto, we also do parades and chairity events. I am a Hobo clown named Bumbles and my wife is a tomboy named Pattycake. She does puppets and I do balloons and clown magic, we also do gags.
I am also an avid cookbook collector, I have over 1000 cookbooks ranging from some very old ones to newer authors. Since I have become more advanced on the computer I have compiled several of my own cookboks, where I have stored over 4000 recipes.
I would have to say the most influencial person was my mom, she started to teach me to cook when I was 5 years old, and I have been learning ever since.
I am also influenced by several of the top chefs who I am friends with here in Buffalo, we swap recipes and new cooking techniques, I enjoy sitting and talking with them picking apart recipes and reinventing them.
- The White House Chef Cookbook (Rene Verdon)
- Joy of Cooking (Marion Rombauer Becker)
- 1951 Publication
- Miss Corson's Practical American Cookery and Household Management (Juliet Corson)
- Published 1886
- Victory Recipes (Martha Logan)
- 1944 A great collection of war time recipes.
- The Boston Cooking-School Cookbook (Fannie Merritt Farmer)
- 5th Edition
Chefs I recommend
- J.J. Richert (Buffalo, NY)
- He is inspired by popular flavors from all over the world, challenged by modern techniques and applications, and grounded by an appreciation for traditional methods in his food creations.
- Kevin Richert (Buffalo, NY)
- Committed to excellence in both service and cuisine, Kevin after attending the Culinary Institute of America and cooking in the kitchens of some of Buffalo’s finest restaurants, showcase’s his own eclectic take on contemporary cuisine.
- Mike Andrzejewski (Buffalo, NY)
- One of the premier chefs in the Buffalo area.
Restaurants I Recommend
- Torches (Buffalo, NY)
- One of the best restaurants I've had the pleasure of eating at.
- Bings (Buffalo, NY)
- Small family owned, good food
- SeaBar (Buffalo, NY)
- The place for the best sea food in the city
- Sinatra's (Buffalo, NY)
- Great Italian food
- Mike A's Steakhouse (Buffalo, NY)
- Food is fantastic and the service is impeccable